This is one of my favorite recipe.. I have done a zebra design with the two batters or a ring design (as my son calls)
Marble Cake (Zebra Design)This is one of my favorite recipe.. I have done a zebra design with the two batters or a ring design (as my son calls)Reeba Jerry
All Purpose Flour
Butter, unsalted, Softened
Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour the baking pan.
- Beat the sugar and butter at high speed until fluffy.
- Now add eggs one by one and beat for another 8 minutes.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to above mix. Mix all the wet ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Beat just until its combined.Never over beat after adding the flour since it will knock out the air bubbles.
- Divide the batter into half. In one half , add the coco powder and keep the other half plain.
- Now pour 3 tablespoon of plain batter in the centre of the baking pan. Pour 3 tablespoon of chocolate batter in the centre of the plain batter.Don't spread the batter, wait till it spread.
- Now pour 3 tablespoon of plain batter in the centre of chocolate batter. Continue this pattern until all the batter is used up.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or till the skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.