Paneer Makhnai/ Paneer Butter Masala is one of the popular and tastiest dish in Punjabi cuisine.
Paneer MakhaniPaneer Makhnai/ Paneer Butter Masala is one of the popular and tastiest dish in Punjabi cuisine.Reeba Jerry
Butter (As needed)
Large Onion (Sliced)
Kashmiri Chilli Powder
Garam Masala Powder
Kasuri Methi Leaves
Salt (As needed)
Small Cinnamon Sticks
- Soak cashew nuts in 1/4 cup of hot water for 15 minutes. Grind them to paste.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tablespoon of butter and fry paneer until golden. Keep it aside.
- Now add one tablespoon of butter to the pan and saute onions till soft and translucent. Grind this into a puree.
- Now puree tomatoes to a fine paste. Add chilli powder, garam masal, cumin powder, sugar, kasuri methi to the tomato puree.
- On a low heat,add 2 tablespoon of butter. Add cumin. When they splutter add cardamons, cloves and cinnamon stick. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw goes off. Add onion puree to it and saute for 3 minutes or until it changes color.
- Now add the tomato puree- masala mixture to the above. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Now add the cashew nut paste. Saute till the gravy becomes thick.
- Now add the remaining hot water and salt to the above and bring it to boil.
- Add the fried paneer to the above and gently simmer for 12-15 minutes until the gravy becomes thick.
- Finally, add the cream and heat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti and white rice.