Turkish Pide is a flat bread dish originated in Turkey. Also known as Turkish Pizza.
Turkish PideTurkish Pide is a flat bread dish originated in Turkey. Also known as Turkish Pizza. Serve the dish hot.Enjoy!Reeba Jerry
All Purpose Flour
1 3/4 cups
1/2 to 3/4 cups
1 1/2 tbsps
Onion (cut in small pieces)
Garlic (finely chopped
Green Bell Pepper (cut in small pieces)
Red Bell Pepper (cut in small pieces)
Yellow Bell Pepper (cut in small pieces)
Black Pepper Powder
Olive oil -
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water (3-4 tbsp ). Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, semolina flour, sugar-yeast mixture, olive oil, salt and warm water and knead well for 5 to 6 mins.
- Cover and keep aside the dough for 40 mins, the dough will rise in size.
- For Filling - Take a pan, add olive oil and add onions and garlic. Saute them till golden brown.
- Add minced lamb, pepper powder and salt and cook till almost done.
- Add green, red and yellow bell peppers and saute them for another 4 to 5 mins.
- Add chilli flakes and mix them well. Keep the filling aside.
- For Assembly - Roll the dough and cut the dough to 4 to 5 pieces.
- Dust and roll the dough to oval shape.
- Keep a portion of the filling in the center, roll the sides and join the ends to make a boat shape.
- Add 1 tbsp of cold water to the egg white and whisk well. Brush the dough with egg-water mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 250 degrees C for 12- 15 mins till the dough turns golden brown.
Serve the dish hot.Enjoy!